Customer Services Officer
Murrumbidgee Irrigation (MI) is one of the largest private irrigation companies in Australia serving over 3,093 landholdings that is owned by over 2,300 shareholder customers within an area of 378,911 hectares. The irrigation water and drainage services we provide have helped create a diverse and highly productive agricultural region known as the Murrumbidgee Irrigation Area (MIA).
We are a dynamic and innovative regional company that employs approximately 160 people at two locations in the MIA - Griffith and Leeton. Our core business is delivery of water through an extensive integrated supply and drainage network. The MIA is one of the most diverse and productive regions in Australia, forming part of the Murray-Darling Basin and covering an area of 378,911 hectares of which an average of 141,000 hectares is irrigated. The MIA is home to over 50,000 people with the majority of jobs tied inextricably to the water we supply to farms and industry.
About the role
We are seeking highly motivated individuals to join our Customer Enquiries team based in Griffith and Leeton, servicing the MIA, one of the most diverse and progressive farming regions in Australia. The successful applicants will be pivotal in providing professional frontline customer service. Requirements include: excellent listening skills; high levels of customer service experience; ability to work in a fast-paced environment; good time management and multi-tasking skills; good interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
These opportunities exist due to parental leave and internal development opportunities for our current team.
- responding to and recording of customer enquiries via telephone, in person and by email, in a professional and timely manner;
- supporting customers to complete applications;
- planning, with the ability to prioritise and multi-task;
- CRM systems or the ability to quickly learn internal systems;
- actioning customer enquiries appropriately and in a timely manner;
- clear verbal and written communication;
- and following WHS policies and procedures.
Applications should include a Murrumbidgee Irrigation application form and current resume, with a cover letter addressing how you meet the following selection criteria. .
Please see the position description (PDF 428.8KB) for full criteria.
What can we offer you?
• A proactive and inclusive work culture with a focus on safety – ‘nobody gets injured on my watch’.
• Values based workforce – Integrity, Customers, Accountability, Respect, Teams
• an attractive and competitive remuneration, including access to salary packaging for superannuation, novated lease and remoter area housing.
• Opportunity to purchase addition leave
• Health and wellness programs
MI is considered an essential service. Given the current COVID19 situation in NSW, this role will be supported to start asap - including if that is working from home in the local area or remotely (if you are relocating). With a view to you working in the office when we are all able to do so safely.
Time for a country change? Our team has supported many people relocating to the area, if you are considering this – please speak with us or visit www.countrychange.com.au for more information.
For role specific enquiries please contact Simon Rubner, Customer Enquiries Manager on (02) 6962 0200.
Click HERE to apply online.