Murrumbidgee Irrigation (MI) is one of the largest private irrigation companies in Australia serving over 3,093 landholdings that is owned by over 2,300 shareholder customers within an area of 378,911 hectares. The irrigation water and drainage services we provide have helped create a diverse and highly productive agricultural region known as the Murrumbidgee Irrigation Area (MIA).
We are a dynamic and innovative regional company that employs approximately 160 people at two locations in the MIA - Griffith and Leeton. Our core business is delivery of water through an extensive integrated supply and drainage network. The MIA is one of the most diverse and productive regions in Australia, forming part of the Murray-Darling Basin and covering an area of 378,911 hectares of which an average of 141,000 hectares is irrigated. The MIA is home to over 50,000 people with the majority of jobs tied inextricably to the water we supply to farms and industry.
About the role
We are seeking a highly motivated professional to join our team in the role of Financial Accountant. The role is an ideal opportunity for someone who has experience in Financial Accounting and is looking build on their leadership and continuous improvement capabilities. In this role, you will provide accounting, reporting and budgeting capabilities, be responsible for the effective coordination and continuous improvement of accounting and billing functions, and provide support for water administration.
- Tertiary qualifications in finance or accounting or related discipline
- 5-10 years relevant accounting/finance experience
- Advanced ERP systems skills
- Interpersonal skills and ability to co-ordinate, support and develop a team
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Windows and appropriate accounting software applications
- Experience in the infrastructure, utilities and/or asset investment sector (desirable)
- Member of a relevant professional association (or working towards)
Please address this in your application.
Please see the position description (PDF 176.2KB)for full criteria.
What can we offer you?
• A proactive and inclusive work culture with a focus on safety – ‘nobody gets injured on my watch’.
• Values based workforce – Integrity, Customers, Accountability, Respect, Teams
• an attractive and competitive remuneration, including access to salary packaging for superannuation, novated lease and remoter area housing.
• Opportunity to purchase addition leave
• Health and wellness programs
Time for a country change? Our team has supported many people relocating to the area, if you are considering this – please speak with us or visit www.countrychange.com.au for more information.
For role specific enquiries please contact our team on (02) 6962 0200.
Click HERE to apply online.