Plant Operators (Float, Truck and Excavator)
Murrumbidgee Irrigation (MI) is one of the largest private irrigation companies in Australia serving over 3,000+ landholdings that is owned by our shareholder customers within an area of 378,000+ hectares. The irrigation water and drainage services we provide have helped create a diverse and highly productive agricultural region known as the Murrumbidgee Irrigation Area (MIA). The MIA is one of the most diverse and productive regions in Australia, forming part of the Murray-Darling Basin. The MIA is home to over 50,000 people with the majority of jobs tied inextricably to the water we supply to farms and industry. We are a dynamic and innovative regional company that employs approximately 150 people at two locations in the MIA - Griffith and Leeton.
Our job is simple - to deliver water in the best way possible.
About the role
MI is looking for skilled and experienced Plant Operators (Field, Truck and Excavator) to join our Civil Maintenance Teams in both Griffith and Leeton. In this role you will be performing maintenance and construction activities across MI’s irrigation infrastructure. The Civil Maintenance team carries out duties which, on a day to day basis may include; utilising recently acquired excavators ranging from 5 Tonnes to long reach machines to de-weed/de-silt channels, truck driving (rigid and truck & dog), bank rebuilds, backhoe operations, grader operations, dozer operations, franna crane operations, and general maintenance duties.
What you’ll bring
- Experience with mobile and heavy plant and machinery, including associated licences
- General Construction Induction certificate (White Card);
- Intermediate IT skills with experience using technology in the field to organise and document work activities
- A ‘HR’ or ‘HC’ driver license
- Experience in following WHS policies, procedures and regulatory requirements
- Industry experience or Trade qualification; will be highly desirable.
Please see the position description for full criteria.
What can we offer you?
- A proactive and inclusive work culture with a focus on safety – ‘nobody gets injured on my watch’.
- Values based workforce – Integrity, Customers, Accountability, Respect, Teams
- an attractive and competitive remuneration, including access to salary packaging for superannuation, novated lease and remoter area housing.
- Opportunity to purchase addition leave
- Health and wellness programs
- 9 Day fortnight
Time for a country change? Our team has supported many people relocating to the area, if you are considering this – please speak with us or visit www.countrychange.com.au for more information.
For role specific enquiries please contact Simon Jackson, Manager Civil Maintenance on (02) 6962 0200.
Click HERE to apply online.