Water Delivery Technician Trainees
We are searching for highly motivated individuals
to undertake a traineeship with our Water Delivery
Team. This traineeship (2 years) provides the
opportunity to build skills in operating water
delivery infrastructure, control systems (SCADA) and
technical maintenance so that we can provide the
water delivery services our customers want, in the
best way. These full-time positions have an initial two-year term, and will include training in a wide range of technical and automation skills. Griffith and Leeton location, Riverina, NSW.
The array of skills learnt in this traineeship will
provide options for career paths in multiple
For further details about this role please refer to the following: Qualifications/Skills (listed below), Position Description (PDF 142.5KB) (PDF 141.8KB) (PDF 175.1KB) (PDF 187.4KB), Position Summary (PDF 179KB) (PDF 178.9KB) (PDF 176.7KB) (PDF 181.8KB) (PDF 168.8KB) and Advertisement (PDF 118.8KB) (PDF 92KB) (PDF 91.9KB) (PDF 136.8KB) (PDF 114.2KB).
We will support you with both on-the-job
and formal training, including Water Operations
(Cert III). Mature-aged
trainees are encouraged to apply.
A roster arrangement will be worked during the Irrigation
Applications close: Friday 26 February 2021
Qualifications / skills
The successful applicants will have:
- a strong desire to be part of a team whose performance supports successful farming enterprises and a vibrant community;
- a thirst for learning;
- good computer skills; and
- a 'C' class Driver Licence.
A Higher School Certificate and an aptitude
for technology would be desirable.
For specific position enquiries, contact Lindsay Golsby-Smith (Senior Coordinator - Water Delivery) on (02) 6962 0200.
How to apply
Please complete the following online Application for Employment, and attach the following documents:
- Cover letter addressing your ability to meet the Selection Criteria (listed as 4 dot points immediately below) - please include details and any evidence of relevant work experience and qualifications (at least one paragraph for each dot point)
- CV / Resume
If you require further information, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions, or email: Karen Robertson, HR Officer.
Please include details and any evidence of relevant work experience on how you meet the following:
- I understand the importance of safety in the
- I can work in teams to achieve a common goal
- I can deliver excellent customer service and
- I have an aptitude for technology
Important application information